Practice Update 18th Jan 2021
Due to the continued high level of Covid 19 in the community we will continue to do our consultations by telephone only.
- If you need to see a doctor, please call us on 01 8203303. Our phones lines are extremely busy so thank you for your patience, we will get to you.
- You will receive a call from your GP and your symptoms will be managed over the phone. Should a prescription be required this will be emailed to your chosen pharmacy.
- Should your GP decide you need urgent attention and it is not covid related, an appointment will be given with one of our GP’s who will look after the most urgent medical issue ONLY. Unfortunately, we cannot offer a GP of choice service presently. All covid related problems will be referred to the community hubs.
- This face to face consultation will be carried out in the safest possible way for both patient and GP with all infection controls in place and only the most urgent issue will be dealt with at this time.
- For all routine services like blood tests, we are not carrying them out currently and will review this on a week to week basis. Ante natal appointments resumed this week, as did childhood vaccinations. These are designated clinics and all infection controls adhered to. We are booking them in on a phased basis and we ask for your patience while we work through these appointments.
- We have been advised by Connolly Hospital that their GP Phlebotomy service is on hold until further notice.
- Of note, we are getting inundated with calls regarding the covid vaccine. We do not know if and when this vaccine will be available to GP’s to administer and will keep our patients notified as and when we do.