Practice Update 04/01/2021
Due to the high circulation of the Covid 19 Virus in the community we will return to telephone triage/telephone consultations until directed otherwise by Public Health
What does this mean?
- If you need to see a doctor, please call us on 10 8203303. Our phones lines are extremely busy so thank you for your patience, we will get to you.
- You will receive a call from your GP and your symptoms will be managed over the phone. Should a prescription be required this will be emailed to your chosen pharmacy.
- Should your GP decide you need urgent attention and it is not covid related, an appointment will be given with one of our GP’s who will look after the most urgent medical issue ONLY. Unfortunately we cannot offer a GP of choice service presently. All covid related problems will be referred to the community hubs.
- This face to face consultation will be carried out in the safest possible way for both patient and GP with all infection controls in place and only the most urgent issue will be dealt with at this time.
- For all routine issues like blood tests, we are not carrying them out this week, and will be directed by Public Health re restarting this service.
- There is a fee of 40 euro for telephone consultations and no fee for medical card patients and to ease the pressure on our phone lines we are asking that this payment is made when making the appointment.
- Prescription requests will be managed in the same way as before, ring or drop in your prescription request. This will be reviewed by your GP and your prescription will be emailed to your chosen pharmacy. There is a 10 euro charge for this and we will ask for payment upon request to alleviate the pressure on our phone lines.
- Certs- this will be managed on an individual basis, there may be a 10 euro charge for certs.
- All the above is subject to change as we move forward however we will keep you up to date on this website.